Meet Travel Advisor Sherri Courtney
I became a luxury travel advisor after retiring from a career in education where I enjoyed teaching history and literature. It was at that point that my passion for the humanities converged with my passion for traveling the world. Now, I help families and group travelers create their personalized, dream vacations filled with enriching, inspiring and transformative VIP experiences that they can treasure.
Personally, I enjoy active, experiential travel with my family and friends that allows us to enjoy the local culture, the culinary scenes, and the beauty of a location which, if you look with an open heart and open mind, can almost always be found in the local people around you. There are few things in life more enjoyable than developing unexpected friendships in this wonderful world of ours.
- North America
- Family Travel, Beach & Sun, Affinity Groups: Culture, History & Arts, Culinary Travel, Wellness Travel
- I would love to share my travel abroad experiences with you and help you curate that bespoke dream vacation: U.K (England), Brazil, Costa Rica, Europe (Italy, France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria), Mexico (Cabo, Tulum, Rivera Maya, Puerto Vallarta), and Canada (Vancouver, Montreal, Toronto)
- I would love to share my U.S. travel experiences with you and help you make that dream vacation a reality:Hawaii (honeymoons, beach resorts), Alaska (land & cruises), Florida (beaches resorts, Disney and Universal Studios), Southern and Northern California (San Diego, Disneyland, Santa Barbara and Carmel by the Sea), Wyoming and Montana (The Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, Glacier National Park), Utah (year-round in Deer Valley & Park City, Bryce & Zion National Parks), Colorado (year-round in Telluride, Aspen, Vail/Beaver Creek), Boston and New England (culture, food, history, islands), Charleston & Hilton Head, S.C (culture, food & history), Washington DC and NYC. Arizona: Of course, I call Arizona home, so Miraval, Canyon Ranch, Sedona, the Grand Canyon and many fabulous, luxury resorts are right in my backyard.
- Four Seasons
- Small Luxury Hotels
- XV Beacon (Boston)
- Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita
- Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa
- Banyan Tree, Mayakoba, Riviera Maya
- Ritz Carlton Bachelor Gulch (Beaver Creek, Co)
- Stein Ericksen Lodge Deer Valley
- St Barth’s Properties Private Villas
- The Wauwinet (Nantucket)
Town and Country with The Family: A custom VIP, three-week adventure with my family throughout England. A private driver and local guides escorted us through London, where we explored historical and cultural sites, before going off the beaten path to lesser known villages in the Cotswolds, and then on to Oxford, Cambridge, York and the Lake District. Highlights included a special VIP tour of the Royal Shakespeare Company Theatre in Stratford-upon-Avon, where we saw King Henry IV along with exclusive visits to sites such as Downton Abbey (Highclere Castle), Jane Austin (Bath), and other sites of literary giants J.R.R. Tolkien & C.S. Lewis (Oxford), as well as the more obscure cathedrals and villages like Avebury, Broadway, and Lacock.
Special Anniversary Luxury Beach Vacations: St Barth (my absolute favorite luxury Caribbean destination), Kauai (sailing along the Napali Coast and letting the stress melt away at the St Regis Princeville Resort) and Tulum, Mexico (lush tropical beaches, Mayan Ruins, gorgeous resorts & PGA golf courses)
Fun fact: My adult children STILL love going on Disney Cruises & visiting Universal Studios Orlando for the Harry Potter World experience. Their most recent travel request is to book a Game of Thrones land and sea excursion to Europe (Ireland, Croatia and Iceland). You can be certain that we will be using our Virtuoso specialty on-site service providers and on-site tour operators to make sure that this once in a lifetime luxury vacation creates nothing but incredible memories for us all.
Family Travel tip: When showering in a Brazilian or Costa Rican jungle, check the basin for poisonous dart frogs before washing your face. Don’t let that scare you. The kids loved it more than the monkeys, sloths and Toucans in the cloud forest! It would be my pleasure to customize an itinerary for your family, complete with a private driver and on-site local guides to take you around the Costa Rican countryside. The roads are rough in Costa Rica, but with a private escort you can relax and get the VIP treatment while enjoying this fabulous country. Note: Our Virtuoso on-site guides and service providers go through stringent vetting processes.