About the Hotel
Founded in 1965 by Laurence Rockefeller, the Mauna Kea Beach Hotel was the most exclusive and expensive resort of its day. Four decades later, the Mauna Kea once again stands as a landmark of luxury on the Big Island’s golden Kohala Coast.
The Mauna Kea’s room inventory was reduced from 310 to 252 as rooms in the south-end of the main building were reconfigured to have more spacious bedrooms and bathrooms. All rooms were redesigned in a style that is contemporary yet evocative of Big Island tradition.In the restaurants, exciting new sights, sounds, scents and sensational tastes elevate the experience of dining. The legendary Mauna Kea Golf course was updated to current USGA standards of play by designer Rees Jones.
Why Do We Love It?
- Amenities that include wedding services, bicycle rentals and salon
- A landmark of luxury on the Big Island’s golden Kohala Coast
- The legendary Mauna Kea Golf course
- Known for elegance and seclusion
- Luxury pools and spa
Departure Lounge Travel Clients Get:
- Upgrade at the time of booking if available
- Early check-in / late check-out if available
- Buffet breakfast daily for up to two
- $100 USD Resort or hotel credit
- Complimentary Wi-Fi