About the Hotel
Mandarin Oriental, Barcelona has a superb address on the city’s famous Passeig de Gràcia, near the Casa Batlló by Gaudi with its fabulous facade. Our new luxury hotel is situated in an elegant mid 20th century building, recreated with a highly stylized contemporary interior by Spanish born designer Patricia Urquiola.
Rooms and Suites
We offer some of the most exclusive accommodation in Barcelona, with just 120 rooms and suites at this premiere address. Interiors are by one of Spain’s leading designers, Patricia Urquiola; the results are enduring modern designs which incorporate subtle reflections of our oriental heritage. Finished to a level of luxury synonymous with Mandarin Oriental, we give every guest a supremely comfortable home in the city. Views are either over Barcelona’s most stylish boulevard, Passeig de Gràcia or our landscaped interior garden. A number of guestrooms have a balcony or terrace, from where you can admire the surrounding modernist facades.
Food and Drinks
Our restaurant, lounge and bars are contemporary spaces that mirror the artistic spirit and attitude of the city.
- Moments—Our 2-starred gourmet restaurant is blazing a trail in traditional Catalan cuisine by one of the world’s most acclaimed female chefs, Carme Ruscalleda. A striking modern design brings style and energy.
- Banker’s Bar—A designer interior and art exhibit in its own right with a display created from the original collection of bank security boxes. A high energy space to step out of the shops, meet after business or enjoy a late night cocktail and some smooth music.
- Terrat—Terrat rooftop is an exclusive retreat for our guests. Located on the 9th floor you have fabulous 360 degree views of the Barcelona skyline whilst enjoying famous chef Gastón Acurio’s Peruvian delights.
- Blanc—located on the lower floor, is the heart of the hotel and offers Carme Ruscalleda’s cuisine in a casual bistro with gastronomy based on local and fresh products. With natural light filtering through the large skylight all day long, it is a venue with a unique design. The huge, suspended metallic mesh is one of the hotel’s most spectacular features.
- Mimosa Garden—Drinks and light fresh food are served from lunchtime to supper in our artistically landscaped garden; a tranquil space two steps from the boulevard.
The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Barcelona is a serene space created with a sophisticated sense of contemporary style and a spice of the orient. Professional therapists deliver holistic rejuvenation with a range of luxurious therapies from around the world. Open 24 hours to our guests, our gym is a state of the art fitness facility. Guests are provided with complimentary amenities including headphones, towels and chilled drinks. Personal trainers are on hand to develop personalized exercise programs.We have a superbly stylish dipping pool on our rooftop overlooking the city. You can relax under the Mediterranean sun and enjoy some cooling refreshments.
Why Do We Love It?
- Legendary service, including Butler Service in all suites
- Located in the heart of the city on Passeig de Gracia
- Two Michelin-starred dining led by Carme Ruscalleda
- Spa with 8 treatment rooms & indoor pool
- Boutique, only 120 Rooms and Suites
Departure Lounge Travel Clients Get:
- One bottle of wine & selection of tapas for two at Banker’s Bar
- Early check-in / late check-out, subject to availability
- Daily buffet breakfast, for up to two in-room guests
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
Ready to Plan Your Trip to Spain?
Departure Lounge is ready to be your travel advisor. For the same price you would pay directly, we’ll add value and upgrade your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Barcelona. Contact a Departure Lounge Travel Advisor today!