Castello del Nero, located in Tuscany, in the heart of the Chianti area finds its origins in the 12th century, when it became the country residence of the Florentine family Del Nero. The stunning interiors reflects this with fireplaces, vaulted ceilings and frescoes; also the Del Nero family crest is still visible in some rooms dating back several centuries. It was when the Torrigiani family took over the castle that great attention was placed on cultivating the estate with their efforts still visible.
Today the Castello del Nero is a 5 star luxury hotel and a member of the Leading Hotels of the World, dedicated to celebrating its noble history and Tuscan traditions. The 50 rooms and suites have been lovingly restored to reflect luxurious elegance and feature state of the art technology. The Michelin star La Torre Restaurant and La Tavern respectively offer a unique gastronomic experience where guests are indulged by the signature dishes of the head Chef. The exquisite ESPA branded spa is over 1000 square metres large and offers personalised treatments, heat experience, vitality pool, relaxation areas and a Fitness Suite.
The castle and its heated outdoor pool look out over the magnificent 700 acre estate that belongs to the hotel, providing fresh produce year round and superb hiking trails into the valley. Also in the grounds guests will find the chapel, dedicated to San Michele and San Filippo Neri, built in the late 1700s, and the enchanting 19th century Italian gardens. Being just twenty minutes from Florence, Siena and San Gimignano, the hotel is in the perfect spot to start exploring Tuscany.
Complimentary shuttle bus service to and from the centre of Florence or Siena at scheduled times are available all year round.
Suite Benefits: Complimentary Soft Drinks in minibar, complimentary daily entrance to the Heat Experience of the SPA.
Departure Lounge/Virtuoso Amenities for your stay (for 2018 – 2019):
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Daily buffet breakfast already included in rates
- $ 50 USD SPA Credit per room (not valid on products and hairstyle services) & $50 USD Food & Beverage Credit per room
- For stays of 5 nights or more: Complimentary daily access to ESPA Heat Experiences
- For stays of 6 nights or more in Suite: Additional $50 SPA credit per room per stay (not valid on products and hairstyle service), $50 Food & Beverage credit per room per stay.
- Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
- Complimentary Wi-Fi